Every institution of higher learning in the United States undergoes periodic reviews to maintain accreditation and to ensure the quality of the institution. The accrediting body for Illinois Wesleyan University is the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association (HLC-NCA).
IWU is scheduled to be reviewed in 2012-13. As part of that review, we will prepare a self-study report which addresses the five criteria for maintaining accreditation. To prepare this report, a campus-wide committee has been selected to gather data from students, faculty, staff, alumni, trustees as well as the community at large. Current members are listed at http://www.iwu.edu/selfstudy/
Materials concerning the self-study will be posted on this site as they become available. We invite you to check back often to review our progress. Additionally, we welcome your comments about any facet of the self-study process.
Browse the 2012 Reaccreditation Self-Study Collections:
- Criterion Five: Engagement and Service
- Criterion Four: Acquisition, Discovery, and Application of Knowledge
- Criterion One: Mission and Integrity
- Criterion Three: Student Learning & Effective Teaching
- Criterion Two: Preparing for the Future